Monday, August 20, 2007

wedding cake is yummy

Happy Anniversary to us! Its crazy that its been a year already! We've had so much fun being married and working through all the little quirks. :) We wanted to do something really cool for our anniversary, like go to San Diego, but Zak had to work. I still wanted to make it memorable, so I took us both to get a couple massage that morning! It was AMAZING! Zak always talks about how he wishes that he could get a professional massage since I really stink at giving them to him... He just has such huge muscles, it hurts my little hands! I blindfolded him and everything so he didn't know what we were doing. It was fun. When we got there, we met the people who were doing the massages and his was a guy! :) He was a little weirded out by that but it would have been even more awkward to say something so he just let it slide. He said he was actually glad cuz a girl couldn't have done it as well as the guy did. Funny, huh? So, Zak got home that night to a nice candlelight lasagna dinner and a mini wedding cake! Since we didn't save our wedding cake to eat on our anniversary, I made one. It was a little lop-sided, but I think it turned out pretty cute! I put chocolate shavings on it and melted chocolate too. Yum-yum!

A little blurry, but this is the little dinner we had :) Zak also gave me my presents then. He got me more Mac makeup and The Notebook. We watched it that night. For those of you who have seen it know that it has a unique correlation to our story. I made Zak watch it when he first got home from his mission and he hadn't seen it since. He hated it back then because our story hadn't played out yet and we were in the middle of the mess I made. But, when the movie was over, he admitted that he really liked it because it ended with Noah winning... which is Zak in real life. :)
I'm a dork and made us cut the cake like we did on our wedding day. I couldn't resist! It was fun to pretend again. Don't we all wish we could go back and do it all over again anyway?

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Noelle, you are such a cutie! I love the massage idea. I don't know if Mike would appreciate it but I have always wanted a professional massage. And I am very impressed with your wedding cake. Mike laughed pretty hard that you guys cut it together but I think it's sweet... it's true, I'd love to relive that day!

Adam Jensen said...

Congrats on hitting the one year mark guys. Looks like you had a fun anniversary night. Congrats on being pregnant too.
- Adam

Anonymous said...

hey sis! you are hilarious! i love all that silly stuff you guys do! can't wait to see you in a couple days actually! YEEEHAWWWW! i actually need to call you so i will talk to you soon! love you- dana

Anonymous said...

i just realized that i used a lot of exclamiation point in the last message. how annoying. sorry! love ya

Anonymous said...

Noellie Bellie, you have such style! Life will never be boring for you two, you have too much imagination! I'm proud of the two of you, you are such a great couple. I hope every year brings you happiness!
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Looks like it ended up being a wonderful day! The cake looks great! I love you guys! xoxo

Jensen's said...

Way to go Zoelle! You two are a "couple" of unique individuals. I love you so. Daddd

The Marshall's said...

Noelle,
I love your cake!! You are so cute in the pictures! You don't even look pregnant! Keep us updated!
Jess

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker