Monday, August 27, 2007

Missionary Maddness :)

Hello again family I know that you are probably sick of hearing from me but I thought I would let you all know that I got my first email from Justin since he became a real missionary in El Salvador. He is doing great and he says hello. He is in a tiny little town near Guatemala where there is only one little branch. He said that it is really hot and humid and his apartment is very dirty and not so nice. :S But I'm assuming that is all he will ever live in so I'm sure he will get used to it! His companion is a native and doesn't speak any English...so Justin tends to get a little frustrated and annoyed when he talks really fast but he'll be doing the same thing before we know it! :) Anyway thats about all. He seems to be having a great time thus far but lets remember to always keep him in our prayers. :) I love you all. xoxo ~ Emily

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Em, that sounds crazy! It would be so hard to be in a new place with a new language, but I guess it will make him get used to it fast! I hope it goes well, and I know it will be an amazing growing experience for him. Do you have his new address yet? I should write him again and send him a monkey picture or two (unless you already have). XO

Anonymous said...

Ya his struggles are definitely for the good, he will learn everything quickly and he will adjust quickly as well I hope! He doesn't really have a choice does he? I do have a new address...I'll have it for you in Utah! He would LOVE pictures of the Little Monkey I'm sure! :):) See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Em- THat is soooo cool! It makes me think of the movie, The Other Side of Heaven. I bet he is going to go through so hard times, but that will make him even a more suitable husband! I can't wait to hear from him and I need his address too. Love you!

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker