Sunday, August 19, 2007

A Family Affair!

For those of you who couldn't come on our trip... this is a short overview for all of you!The family arrived FINALLY at my house on Monday at about 5:30. After a long delay and the horrible traffic in San Fran... We just got all settled and prepared for all the festivities. :) We went to San Francisco on Tuesday morning. I even made Dad drive a certain way so that we could see the Golden Gate at its best perspective. But, of course, the fog hadn't disappeared so this is the shot we got. :(
We started out at Fisherman's Wharf at Pier 39. We ate yummy bread bowls and clam chowder for lunch at this place Zak suggested and then watched the sea lions push eachother off the docks. Someone else will have to post some of those pics, I didn't get any good ones! Of course we had to ride the cable cars (or at least pretend) and eat chocolate at Ghiradelli Square.

Sorry for the double take of Dad! I don't know how to delete a pic once its posted! We thought this sign was pretty cool.
I had never seen Lombard Street, so the family took me to walk down it... and then hike it back up! It was good exercise! The homes were gorgeous... we all loved it.

On the way out of San Fran, we stopped at this point again so we could see the amazing view. It is so worth it even though it is a little bit of a walk. None of us were prepared for cool breeze... its a lot cooler there than Fairfield!
Cole pole dances for extra cash so he can save up for new gadgets for his guitar.


We took a day off of sight seeing for a bunch of shopping. We went to H&M... even Cole found something! So, this is our little friend we met in Santa Cruz on Thursday. We drove out onto the pier and they were making so much rucus! We had to go down and see them. They play under the pier on the rafters. This little guy jumped up and just started posing for our camera! It was funny!

After lunch and more shopping in downtown Santa Cruz, we went and played at the beach! It was hot and there were no waves to play in! Plus, the water was negavtive 1000 degrees anyway! So we just layed out and watched Dad practice his juggling skills. He's pretty danged good!
Cole sure had a fun time laying out... you can tell. He looked so hot with his new sunglasses! We went and rode some rides to entertain him even further! He loved Santa Cruz though... we all had a lot of fun just talkin and being together. The rest of you, we missed you and wished you could have been there! Thanks for coming to see me family! I loved having you guys see what my life has been like for the past little while. I can't wait to see you all again though back in my other life! We love you all!
Noelle and Zak

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I don't know what to react to first! Is that a real tatoo??????? Cole looks like a cutie in his green sweatshirt. Noelle, you still don't look pregnant! At all! That's a cute pic of you and Em on the street car. And I love the pic of Mom & Dad hugging. There are good pictures of everyone! Looks like you all had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

No, its a fake one until you ask Cole himself! :)

Anonymous said...

Who wrote that? Okay, I asked and he says it's real...

Anonymous said...

Hey Noellie...good job posting I really didn't want to so I'm glad that you took care of it. It looks great and I took care of the extra pic of Dad for you silly! Love you.

Anonymous said...

It was me, Lauren. I just didn't want Cole to be mad at me for telling you. Emily and Mom, you still need to post the ones that I didn't have! You guys have some cute ones.

Anonymous said...

i got a tatoo too. it's the new thing don't ya know? love you cole... little pole daning hottie. i had so much fun having the family stay here to! it seems like everybody has just been on one really long vacation! noelle and zak.... will you take me to SF someday??? love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for posting our trip. We had such a great time. What a beautiful place for a summer get away. It seems that all of you young couples have had a summer adventure soon after you got married. How lucky is that!!
I can't wait to have you back in the neighborhood so we can see you more often.
I love you! Mom

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker