Thursday, March 13, 2008

Update on the BIG MESS

You've all been asking so here's the best I can do to let you see what is going on at the old homestead.

I can never figure out how to get pictures in the right order so these are the newer ones... moving to the older ones at the bottom. The last week has been all about sheet rocking, taping and texturing, Boy what a mess! It makes such a fine dust that I feel like I've inhaled a whole house. Next comes painting. I guess that's my job. Cole and Dad say they will help. I hope so. We have to prime everything before we can get to the fun colors.






























What do you think of this new cabnet color? I've got lots of work to do to get them all sanded and re'stained. The floor will be mahogony, so it is darker in some places and lighter in some.















The track lighting is all gone!! Yeah! They even got up there and repaired the sky light mess.















I can never get these pictures in the right order! these are the first day of tear down.
What a mess! Katie and I got busy on peeling the wallpaper, the scraping down the ceiling. What would I do without her!?
































Walls are coming down all over the place!






























Remember this sweet baby room... I painted 108 bears on the wall by hand...I needed to get a life!


















Wish you could all come home so I could put you to work! Some days I feel over whelmed with what is still left to do.

8 comments:

Jensen's said...

So Lauren, Since you are the expert, will you please fix the spacing on my post? I had it all close together on my draft and then it posted all spaced out. what is the secret?

Jensen's said...

mom, i already looks FABULOUS! i can't wait to see it. i really like the color you stained the cabinets... i think even a shade darker would be pretty too! love you mom... good job on the casa!

Anonymous said...

Wowee!!! I can't believe how different its going to look! I'm so excited that is it finally getting done! I wish that I could see the finished product before we leave for Memphis... I also wish I could help you! I don't know how much of a help I'd be with little Em. I really like the cabinet color too. Its all going to be so pretty! Thanks for posting! Love you!

Adam Jensen said...

Wow, you guys are really going to town with the remodeling. I bet it will look great when you're done.
Adam

Gini said...

Wow! I had no idea you guys were planning on remodeling your already-beautiful home! I can't wait to see the finished product. :)

Lauren said...

Momma, thanks for posting pics!!! I need to call and get an update... is it really going to be done in a week?

Noelle & Zak just left and I am feeling lonely already. It's been a full week of company and it's weird to be back to normal. What am I going to do with myself? Wish I could just buzz up and visit you!

(me)linda said...

Holy smoke Mama Jensen! What an undertaking! I'm so excited to see it. I had a dream that Greg and I bought your house, but we still lived in Boise. I personally would love that... especially with the new changes. How fun!

Lindsay said...

Those hand painted bears are so adorable! Tell me you saved some of them! :)

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker