Sunday, March 23, 2008

Deviled

Mmmmmm, delicious. Don't they look pretty on Grandma Jensen's china?


I would like to say we have had a peaceful, uplifting Easter Sunday, but it is just not so. Our sweet little Maddie is a bit deviled herself... by those darn teeth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I needed to vent a little and thought the family blog was a good place. Today has been the worst teething day of Maddie's whole life! Church was a joke--in between me filling in for our absent chorister while Maddie screamed for me, I was in the foyer trying to keep her from melting down from pain and lack of sleep. When we got home she didn't sleep long before she woke up screeching in pain. My ear drums are numb and my nerves are shot. Unfortunately, I'm not even sure I can see a tooth yet, and we still have 12 more to go! MERCY!!

I am hoping to post a calmer, rosier account of our Easter festivities tomorrow. :)

7 comments:

Jensen's said...

So sorry honey...get out the Numzit! Hang in there Maddie. It'll be a bad memory before you know it.
Grampa J

(me)linda said...

Dangit! Oragel to the rescue. Hang in there Mom. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh poor little thing! And poor mom! I'm so sorry and I can say that I understand completely! Not about the teething, but Emrie was a little deviled herself yesterday. We're going to the doc today for her immunizations (ahhh!) and to see what else could be wrong with her. She still is sick a little. She only eats on one side and screams on the other... my pump doesn't work for some reason and she won't sleep! It has been another rough night. Oh well...we wanted to be mom's! It it what it is! :)

Jensen's said...

Oh that is so sad! I'm sorry sis! :( I hope she feels better soon...loves
-Em

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that she is in such pain! poor little one. Just strip her down to her diaper and give her a popsicle to suck on. It doesn't last long but it helps for a minute. She is getting so skinny! Where did all that Maddie chub go. They always thin out so quick when they start to walk. Give her kisses from Grandma.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that she is in such pain! poor little one. Just strip her down to her diaper and give her a popsicle to suck on. It doesn't last long but it helps for a minute. She is getting so skinny! Where did all that Maddie chub go. They always thin out so quick when they start to walk. Give her kisses from Grandma.

Anonymous said...

Dana!
Is this your Blog? I don't see any pics of the two of you! I'm assuming those are pics of your house?...awesome!
So, Bryce and i had a wonderful time hanging out with you guys. THanks for making time for us. You guys are so great.

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker