Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Weekend :)

Hey family! So a lot has been going on the past week. We just got finished with our Spring Bridal and Floral Show which was kinda a big deal for me and the other girls in my major. For those of you who have never been before we basically split up into 6 groups and planned 6 different weddings. This year the theme was the creation so there was a wedding for each day of the creation. I was on line 3 so my wedding was based on the creation of land and plants. Our colors were green and brown with accents of pink and orange. It was extremely stressful to say the least but luckily our wonderful mom came up to help and saved day(something she does so very well) :) The day before the show I was assigned all of the major designs and I think they turned out pretty well. Here are some pics...what do you think? Over all it was amazing. All of the lines were beatuiful and I think that we are all glad to have it over with!
Each girl aslo makes a bouquet of their own. We were assigned flowers and this is what I came up with :)
Besides that my weekend was wonderful. Mom came to visit and although most of the time she was here we were living in the floral design lab we had a great time. She was great help with the show and afterwards we got to go to Extravadance. :) And of course we dyed Easter eggs. It was great to have family around for the holiday :)
Mom let me do her hair....what do you think? I love it! :)
You should all be very proud of Mom...she went skiing with me this weekend for the first time since she was pregnant with me and she did GREAT! Sadly the weather was not very cooperative but she was a good sport and remembered just how much she loves it!

Well I think I covered pretty much all of it! :) Justin is great. He was just trasfered to an area right outside of San Salvador. He said that it is much nicer to live there but the are will be more challenging because the people aren't quite as humble. He was also made Zone Leader so it sounds like the Lord is really challenging him. Remember to keep him in your prayers. xo

9 comments:

Lauren said...

WOWIE KAZOWIE!!! The flowers are awesome Em!!! I'm so impressed! I only wish the pictures would enlarge so I could see them close-up. I still don't know what makes them do, or not do, that. :( What a great addition to your portfolio Em! No wonder Bellagio is callin'. :)

Mom, I love your hair like that! Very sleek. And good job skiing! Thanks Em, for posting all the fun pics.

Anonymous said...

Emily you have such great talent! Everything looks amazing and beautiful. I wish I could see it up close too, or better yet, in person. I can't believe you got Mom to go skiing with you and let you do her hair! Wow! Sounds like so much fun. I miss both of you two. Mom... is the house going to be Emrie ready by Conference? I want to come up!

Jensen's said...

ems... thanks for the awesome post! you did a really great job on all the flowers! they are really beautiful. And way to go doing moms hair which i LLLOOOOVVVWEEEE (time for a change!) and getting her to ski! i am so glad that you had fun! now if i could just get her here! love you- dana

Jensen's said...

Yeah Emily, It's so nice to see a post from you. We did have a fun weekend. I am so proud of you. You did such a great job working through the challenges at your bridal fair. Every thing just turned out so beautiful. (just so you know... while Emily was assigned to her post I just went and stood across the hall from her bridal boquet... It was much admired, and many pictures went home snapped by brides to be.)
And skiing was GREAT!! I've been so scared to give it a try, but it was soo fun, I can't wait to go again!
Noelle, things won't be all the way done in the kitchen, but we would love to have you!
Love Mom

Jensen's said...

Wow angelpuss...there's no shortage of talent in our family along with your sisters and brother. You're picking right up after Laurnie in the flower department. Great job honey. I'm glad you guys had such a great Easter weekend together. Hope to see you soonly. xoxo Daddd ps...fingers crossed for the Belagio stint...

Ashley and Dave said...

So I guess I feel like part of the family....when I read that Marcia came to town and I didnt get to see her, I was super bumbed. Oh well I suppose, sooner or later I will realize that I am not one of the jensen girls....DANG IT! Emily- your flowers are beautiful! Why do never come see me...it is like pulling teeth!

Adam Jensen said...

Wow! you are so talented!!! All you ladies are, I love it.

Bree said...

You guys are so cute! that family pic cracks me up of all you girls. I see nothing has changed!

Lindsay said...

Em, your designs are gorgeous! Brown and green are such unconventional colors for a wedding - when you were first assigned them I wonder if you wished you'd been assigned pink and lavender instead! But I'm glad you weren't - I *love* how you used the colors and the earthiness of it all (pinecones!). You're super skilled and you definitely have an eye for beauty.

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker