Monday, September 17, 2007

Crazy Lucky Week

I just have to tell you all really quick about our out of the ordinary lucky week! We never win anything or get lucky, but last week was a major exception and has Landon telling me to go sign up for any drawing, raffle, and contest I come across!


First, Landon you all know is one of Cabela's biggest fans. He feels the same way about Cabela's as we gals do about Tei Pan. Last week dad sent us a card that if you spend over 500 dollars then you get 150 dollars on this gift card. Well, Landon's dad wanted a gun and me being the only Utah resident bought it. SCORE, 150 buckaroos! What am i going to do with that? Landon was so pumped... I can't even tell you! Later that week Gregg (Landon's dad) called again and wants another gun. All I can say is good thing I am a Utah resident or else none of this would have happened. So we I buy another gun and cha-ching, another 150 bucks for my obsessed husband. He is in hog heaven... especially because he has 4 hunts coming up this year. He is so nice... he said I could buy one thing. So generous. Just kidding, I want him to have it. Just imagine, 300 dollars at Tei Pan.


There is more..... Saturday was Landon's work golf tournament. It was a scramble and so they could all be on teams. Landon's team wasn't the best, but you all know that he can hold his own at a game of golf (I sure love bragging about my hubby!) The owner of the company, Dave Layton (a great golfer), stayed at one hole all day and had a little competition going, if you could get a better shot than him you could win a prize. Well, Landon hit and landed right on the green. Dave shot and it got lost in the weeds! So Landon won a portable DVD player, I think that it is a pretty nice one too! It will be great on those long car trips to New Mexico. After the tournament was over there was a raffle and the big prizes were last, a TV and an IPod. To make a long story short, when it came to the TV, Dave Layton said, "Well, this guy can plug his new DVD player into his new TV, Landon Sherwood!" It is a 27" LCD HDTV flat screen. Not huge, but way nice and Landon has been wanting one really bad. Yeah for him, because it would probably have been a while until his dream came true! So this past week was really lucky for Landon, actually he has had a great year. We have had a great year, I guess I do benefit from all these prizes too. But next time we have a lucky week can it pretty please be my turn?


6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so awesome!! I am jealous ;) Chris LOVES cabelas and would be so incredibly jealous if he read this!! What hunts does Landon do? Chris is going on some muzzleloader hunt all next week..so I am going to Cali, yay!! We need to go to dinner or something.....

Lauren said...

Dana, thanks so much for posting--this site has been DEAD!! (Hint hint everybody, pick it up!) Landon is such a lucky dog...hope it continues. Good luck with all the wedding stuff this weekend!

Adam Jensen said...

Crazy! fun stuff though.
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Wow that is great! I'm excited for you both. I hope the wedding is coming along great. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Go Landon, you should make a run to Vegas while you are on a lucky streak!
Did you notice how we all ignored the tag on the last post?! hehe

(me)linda said...

We have a new Cabelas in Boise and I have to admit I kinda love it. It's one of Brenden's favorites for sure. I think he thinks it's some kind of zoo. Ha ha!

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker