Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The dresser is done!

So I finally finished painting and glazing the dresser. I think it turned out pretty well. The glazing on the mirror turned out a little too bold for me, but it goes pretty well. What do you think? the only problem is that I can't find drawer pulls the right size anywhere... I need 4 1/4" and most come 3" to 3 1/2". I might have to special order or something.

Mike also talked me into doing a quick coat on my old dresser so they match. Hope you don't mind Mom! It looks soooo much better and makes the room all come together. We want to get matching knobs for this too. I wish I could find some that are the same kind of metal as our curtain rods and hold backs (below). Now all we need is a dark wood headboard and nightstands! Someday...

4 comments:

Jensen's said...

It turned out great Sis! I like the mirror a lot! :) Such a little Martha Stewart....minus the jail part! haha jk! Looks wonderful! Love you :)
-Em

Anonymous said...

WOW! The dresser looks wonderful! I love it... actually we all do. We all were looking at it together last night! I think the mirror looks great with the dresser. I bet it is so nice to have a bigger on now too. It is all going to look great together once you get the hardware and everything. Landon said that you could just fill in one of the holes and drill a new one to fit hardware that you want. Just a thought... See you tomorrow! Drive Safe!

Lindsay said...

Looks beautiful, Lauren - you're super skilled. <3

Have you tried IKEA for dresser pulls, by any chance? I know they have a pretty good selection. If you don't live near one, you might even be able to find what you're looking for online and have it shipped...

Nelsonranch said...

You did a marvelous job Lauren- the dresser looks great!

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker