Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The old days...

I had a blast from the past today. I was driving and listening to the radio and "We Belong" came on. WOW, that brings back memories. Suddenly, I was in Kelli's studio dancing with Nysje and Emily and thinking like I was in high school again. I loved spring then because we would dance with the windows open, and it was so exciting that recital was coming up soon.

Jeanie and I walked this morning and we were talking about our mom's. She said her mom wasn't around much and they didn't talked about anything. I laughed and said my mom was always around and we talked about everything!!! I don't know if it was the combination of experiences or what, but on the way home I just started balling. Life is so good for me right now, but I suddenly felt homesick! I miss living at home and having Mom and Dad to take care of me, and I miss being involved in so many fun activities.

Okay, so this is actually about 8 years earlier... but it's a lot cuter than the later ones. :) Well, I think I got it out of my system now, thanks for listening!

3 comments:

Jensen's said...

Holy cow...what a cute girl. That's how I picture you when I think of you...how can that little girl be a mom to Maddie? Thanx for sharing the memory honey. It's funny but it seems every time I'm in Smith's for a late night gallon of milk, I run into Sherry Anderson and it reminds me of the old dance daze. I wish I had a buck for everytime I drove to the dance studio. By the way, we miss you at home too. Stop by anytime...it's only 700 miles away. (But it won't always be!)
Love, Daddd

Anonymous said...

Oh Laurnie! What a funny memory! I have times that hit me too about living at home. When I was hoome last time it really hit me. I can't believe that it was so long ago that all of us lived there and had so many things going on. How fun was it all? I think it must be the nice weather that brings it on... t-ball in the front yard, riding bikes around, playing on the slip-in-slide. It sure was great to be a kid!

Jensen's said...

Thanks sweetie for your kind words.Those days were awfully wonderful. Children are so pure and curious. They help us older folk to remember just how sweet new grass smells and how wonderful the sun feels on your face. I treasure the memories of our family when you were all young. I think it is part of why I stay at dance, just to try to hold on to that world a little bit.
Now Cole is about to fly from the nest and leave us onery old birds here to pick on each other. I look at his face when he isn't looking trying to see little Coley. He was so squirrly. Isn't it wonderful that we still have each other, and all those beautiful memories too!
Mom

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker