Thursday, February 21, 2008

A hello from Iceburg!

Hey Family. After Lauren's post I decided that I better got on the ball and let you know how my life is going here is Rexburg....things are going. School is pretty good...right now I am just working on finding an internship...hopefully in Las Vegas so we will see how that goes. Ski class is great, its been cancelled a lot because the roads have been closed but we finally got to go last week and it was beautiful...I am very slowly getting better but I don't think I will ever be able to keep up with Justin. oh well. Socail life is pretty good. I have recently made a really good friend that I spend all my time with now. Her name is Laura Comish, she is from South Carolina. :) I took her home with me this weekend and we had so much fun, she loved Twin Falls. She might be joining me on the voyage down to Utah for Emrie's blessing so there is a chance you will meet her. Other than that life is pretty much the same. The temple dedication went wonderful...it was an amazing expereince dancing at the celebration...Elder Nelson and Bednar were there. :) It's nice to finally be done but I'm kinda sad that it is over.

Justin is going great. He's pretty blessed and seems to have baptisms every week. He says that the people down there are so humble and ready to be taught and he just loves it. I got a letter this week telling me all about the people he is teaching and the things he is doing. He says that he actually feels bilingual now. He was just made District leader a few weeks ago so he has a lot of responsibilities now but he is loving every second of it.




Here are a few pics of Justin with the people he has baptized and their families...doesn't he look so skinny?
Anyway fam...I can't wait to see you all. I miss you and love you very much. xoxo

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Awesome Em! What are you dressed up for in that picture? You look really cute. I'm glad you made a good friend. And you better come here for summer! I know, it depends on where you find a job... what can I do to help?

Lauren said...

P.S. Justin does look skinny, but really good!

Anonymous said...

YES! Finally Emily posted! I was so excited to see it! You look gorgeous in your dance costume. I bet it was an awesome dance. It looks way nice in the pics at the river. I need to come home soon. Its been a while and I miss it! I'm so glad that Rexburg is getting better for you and that you are having more fun. I hope that it just gets better from here! Good luck with the internship. See you soon! Loves!

Ashley and Dave said...

So...sorry I didnt get to see your celebration dance thing- I actually spaced it that you were dancing..dang it! Hey, I know that you told me that Justin had gotten skinny...yup, sure has..and I have never even seen the guy except for pictures! But I can tell...I think he's cuter skinnier!

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker