Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Check one off the Bucket List!!

In 1977 I stepped out of the store where I worked in Las Vegas and fell
in love... No, not with Randy! but with a car...the Mercedes 450 SL. I vowed that I would own one before I die, and guess what... I DO!!!
We went to the car auction in Sun Valley over Labor Day weekend and there it was, a beautiful little blue hard top convertable, vintage 1975. My heart jumped right in to the car with the cute girls who were showing it off (car models).We went to watch the bidding on it and to my disbelief it didn't sell. We went over to look at it again and ended up talking to the man selling it. Much to my surprise, Dad made him an offer and he handed us the keys!!! YIPEE!!!
So here are some random pictures of my new baby...

It's got a V8 and an after market muffler... can you say VROOM!!
So, that's it... Mom got spoiled!!






4 comments:

Lauren said...

What in the world?!?!?!? WOW! Where are you going to keep her? And what kind of car did Dad get?

(me)linda said...

What a hot little car!! You're going to look so good in it. I love it!!

Ashley and Dave said...

wow....you are going to be one hot mama!!

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME! I am so happy for you! What a great dream to finally have come true! I can't wait to see it. Are you driving it down this weekend?

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker