Thursday, November 13, 2008

Baby Ella-to-be

Just thought I'd give everyone a quick baby update! At 38 weeks I am considered full term, but that doesn't mean much...

The baby has dropped, which simply means that her head presses on my pelvic bones and her shoulders are wedged between my hips. Soemtimes she hits nerves in my hips that send pulses through my legs. Walking is fun. The pregnancy waddle is a true condition, but I concentrate and try to abstain in public. Unfortunately, I have not dilated or thinned at all, so we're just playing the waiting game! At this point I am not getting my hopes up for an early delivery and am just praying for a Turkey Day at home, baby or no.

Also... it became apparent last night that we are still undecided on a middle name!!! I love Ella Mae, but Mike is not convinced. Anybody have other ideas?

7 comments:

(me)linda said...

I love the name Mae. Eve was almost named that. Doesn't mae mae mean little sister in Japanese or something. Mike would probably know. :) I love Rae as a middle name too. I really wanted to use that after my sister Gwendolyn Rae, but it didn't flow to well will Eve. Name are hard...at least for me.

(me)linda said...

I decided to look up the little sister thing, and it's actually Chinese not Japanese. You spell it mèimèi. Cute right?!

What ever you name her, she's going to be a fun little sis for Maddie! I can't wait to see pictures. Good luck with everything!

We're planning on going to CA in the spring to see Lee and Jana. Would it be ok to stop by so we can kiss on your cuties?

Jacquie said...

That's a toughie! My first thought was Marie but that's Maddie's middle name, right? Jean sounds cute but then both your girls are named after Grandma Jean. I think Mae just flows well. It's also our Grandpa Jack Taylor's mother's name - she was Mae Loretta. So see now if you use it, it has meaning :) Good Luck. I think whatever you choose will be cute. I can't believe you haven't dilated at all, hopefully you will soon and can be home with your new little one on Thanksgiving, Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you told us about the pregnancy! That is a first this whole time, I think. I love Ella Mae Andrews. I haven't thought of anything else because that is what I thought it would be. Like Jacquie said, it has meaning, so you should tell Mike that. Is there any names on his side of the family that you like? Ella Jane... Ella Noelle... haha I don't know. You'll make a good decision no matter what!

Adam Jensen said...

I think Ella Andrews is so beautiful it almost doesn't need a middle name. And I am a big fan of middle names :) Mae is cute though esp if you have family w/ that name. Mei is kinda cool too.... I am sure what ever you decide will be beautiful just like your baby will be! Good luck with the last few weeks, and have a good thanksgiving.

Emily said...

I love MAE! :)

Jensen's said...

I'm sure that you will compromise on something.... My vote is still on Mae.

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker