Monday, September 29, 2008

Slacker Update

So... It's been a long time... I've taken lots of pictures... so get ready for a mammoth
post!


Girls, did I get the hanging leaves right? I've been dragging out my fall decorations all day. I found that I sure have a lot of junk. Time to de-clutter I guess.

Cole had a birthday! He made it to 19 and he is still alive.
He was pretty excited about all the climbing equipment... now he just needs to learn how to use it. Are you planning a trip to Twin Falls anytime soon Dana?
Miss Emrie brought her mommy to spend a week with us. Cole decided she needed to be welcomed into Uncle Mike's flying carpet club. Weeeee!
Look Mommy, a kitty... I'm going to get that Kitty...
Come here you kitty...don't run from me....
Hey I think I got the kitty... it's not running anymore...
Look Mommy... I got the kitty!!!
We decided to participate in the Rim to Rim this year. It's a 7 1/2 mile walk/ run, starting at the Blue Lakes Country Club, coming up out of the canyon, across the Perrine bridge and back down into the canyon on the Centennial grade, and across the river on a foot bridge. We weren't the fastest, but we were glad we did it. Dad says he wants to run it next year, I'd be happy to just improve my walking time. Any joiners?

More precious Emrie antics...



We enjoyed all the hubbub in our town as the Twin Falls temple was built, opened up to the community and dedicated. It was wonderful to be part of this wonderful project. We really enjoy having the temple right down the street from us, and having the opportunity to go OFTEN!


Some older Maddie picture that were just to cute not to share!
Thanks Auntie Dana for catching the streaker!
That's my baby... She knows what a girl needs to stay cool in the LasVegas heat!
Joyful twirling... with a dress intact, thanks Elder Casperson for lending your tag.

The divine Miss Em had her 21st Birthday. I know that birthday wishes were already posted, but wanted you all to know that we celebrated properly, even if it was a bit lonely.





These are pictures from when we went to Memphis, She has grown up so much since then, but the pictures are still cute!



















7 comments:

Lauren said...

WOWZERS Mom, that was quite the picture purge!!! Thanks for taking time to do that. I LOVE all the pictures of Emrie, even though it makes me feel a little bit sad because I don't know that little girl! Acutally, a lot sad, but hopefully I can see her soon. I love that Uncle Cole did the carpet rides. So cute.

Great job on the run/walk! That sounds fun. And the picture in front of the temple is just beautiful. Last but not least, I love that picture of Maddie spinning! Great capture! :)

Jacquie said...

Wow! Lots of Pictures! I can't believe how much Emrie changed from your older pics to the new ones. Maddie looks so funny holding that big drink and I love the missionary tag, I remember seeing it on Lauren's blog but had forgotten about it til now. Happy Belated Birthday Emily and Cole and Happy Fall to all of you! I love the fall setting on your table and the temple there is really pretty, that must be neat to have one so close now.

Jensen's said...

Lauren, I can't take credit for the twirling picture. I believe Emily had my camera that day. Maddie sure is sweet!

Emily said...

WOW that was a massive post! I am glad to see that you finally got around to it! Thats great that Coley liked his climbing stuff that would be fun for him to get into :) You sure were lucky to have had Emrie for such a long time! I can't wait til we can all be together again next week! :)

Oh and by the way the house looks cute...I love the leaves! :)

Gini said...

Those are such fun pictures!! It's so much fun getting caught up to date with how everyone is doing, and what everyone is doing! Thanks for the post Aunt Marcia! Love you guys.

Adam Jensen said...

cute pictures! I can't believe how big Emrie is! She is so cute. Happy birthday to Cole and Emily! Cole seems like a sweet uncle, it's too cute when a tough guy is so sweet for his little nieces :) That is awesome that you did the run/walk. I have always wanted to sign up for a 5k to vamp up my exercise routine :) one of these days....

Anonymous said...

mom! Thanks for posting all of those pics! It must have taken all afternoon. I love the story of the kitty. She loves Ozzie. I can't wait to see Maddie and Emrie play together this weekend and as they get older. They both have such silly personalities. The house looks awesome. I need to hang my leaves still. It is a great idea. Thanks!

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker